Tuesday 19 July 2011

doppelganger brief - trisickle

The term doppelganger is derived from the German words doppel (double) and ganger (walker) It was originally used to describe the double of a living person in fictionfolklore, and popular culture that typically represents evil. The concept of having a deviant alter ego has been explored in various works of fiction, art and film and even has a place within a social context such as identity theft. 


The reason I will not exhibit this picture is that I am afraid that I have shown in it the secret of my own soul.
Someday you will look at your friend, and he will seem to you to be a little out of drawing, or you won't like his tone of colour, or something.
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Oh my poor old Harry Jekyll, if I ever read Satan's signature upon a face, it is on that of your new friend.
Robert Louis Stevenson, The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde




No comments:

Post a Comment